FLHCON offers a flexible program that is conducive to the learner seeking a career as a professional registered nurse. Full and part time students have selective weekend and evening course offerings. This academic program will lead to an Associate Degree in Applied Science with a major in nursing.
Students in the program attend classes and start participating in clinical rotations in the first semester. This allows for immediate application of knowledge and skills obtained in the classroom and laboratory by caring for actual patients.
Students enter annually as a freshman and complete four semesters. Application period opens November 1st and closes February 1st of each year. Decisions letters are sent out the first week in March to the address listed on your application on the website.
If you are a Student in High School our Admission Requirements are:
- High school seniors may apply prior to their actual graduation
- Completion of high school Chemistry or equivalent transfer credit with a grade of “C” or better within five (5) years of application deadline or a four credit, college level chemistry course
- Completion of either Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I, The course must be completed within five (5) years of application deadline and a final grade of “C” or higher achieved
- To review the Admission Point Ranking Sheet for High School Seniors click on the link: FLHCON HS Ranking Sheet 2020-2021
Traditional Student Admission Requirements (Graduate of a high school or have a GED greater than five years ago)
- High school diploma/GED
- College level Chemistry Course or equivalent transfer credit with a grade of “C” or better within five (5) years of or have completed by application deadline date
- Either Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I, The course must be completed or within five (5) years of application deadline and a final grade of “C” or higher achieved.
Second Semester Admission
Students enter annually in January and complete three semesters. Application period opens June 1st and closes September 1st of each year. Decisions letters are sent out the first week in October.
Licensed practical nurses (LPN), or those who have completed Nursing Fundamentals at another RN program [within two (2) years of application date and have achieved a final grade of “C+” or greater], are eligible to apply for Second Semester admission
- Students must provide evidence of:
- Valid NYS LPN license at the time of application or proof of completion of Nursing Fundamentals within two (2) years of application date and achieving a final grade of “C+” or greater
- High school diploma/ GED
- *College level Chemistry course or equivalent transfer credit, within five (5) years of application date and achieving a final grade of “C” or greater or completed by application deadline
- *Either Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I within five (5) years of application date and achieving a final grade of “C” or greater or completed by application deadline
* These courses must be completed prior to the application deadline
The FLHCON/MSWSPN (1+1) program is only available to currently enrolled Marion S. Whelan College of Practical Nursing students. There are two options available for enrollment in the 1+1 program:
Option One: Successful completion of the challenge exam, with a grade of “C” (77%) or higher.
Option Two: Completion of the MSWSPN program with a GPA of 85% or greater in core nursing courses; NSGI, NSGII, and NSGIII –And a satisfactory grade in all clinical components of the MSWSPN program
Process/Procedure – current MSWSPN students interested in the FLHCON/MSWSPN (1+1) program must:
- File a Traditional RN application via Empower for FLHCON admission
- Meet all application requirements by the published application deadline (available on the FLHCON website)
- Admission into the FLHCON/MSWSPN (1+1) program is based on the following:
- Successful completion of the MSWSPN program with a grade of 85% or higher in each of the three trimesters
- Successful completion of the 1+1 Challenge exam with a grade of “C” (77%) or higher
- Availability of NS III slots in the FLHCON Registered Nurse program
How to Apply & Other Information:
- All applicants are required to apply online at flhcon.edu
- For questions related to the admission process, please contact the Admissions Office at 315-787-5403
- Please note that enrollment in the program does not promise or guarantee employment to any student or graduate
- Students are ranked by admission points. To review the Admission Point Ranking Sheet click on the link: FLHCON Nursing Ranking Sheet.pdf
- To review the General Education Course Description Sheet click on the link: General Education Course Descriptions FLCON.pdf
Please send all documentation and transcripts to:
FLHCON College Admissions Department
196 North Street
Geneva, NY 14456
Submit your admissions information request via this link: