FLHCON offers a full or part-time day/evening/weekend program that is flexible and conducive to the learner seeking a career as a professional registered nurse. This academic program will lead to an Associate Degree in Applied Science with a major in nursing awarded by FLHCON after completing the required academic semesters.
Students in the program attend classes and start participating in clinical rotations in the first semester, which will give them an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills obtained in classroom and laboratory into practice immediately. For students interested in the nursing program, please note that the nursing program utilizes a ranking sheet for admission purposes. You are encouraged to Review the ranking sheet
Students have the opportunity to enroll at FLHCON in a variety of ways:
Students enter annually as a freshman and complete four semesters.
- High School Diploma/GED (High school seniors may apply prior to their actual graduation)
- Completion of studies with a “C” or higher in Biology (or Anatomy & Physiology I) within five (5) years of enrollment date and achieved a grade of “C” or higher, the Biology requirement will be waived and Chemistry, within the past five (5) years
Second Semester Admission
Licensed practical nurses, or those who have completed Nursing Fundamentals in another RN program within (2) years of admission to FLHCON with a final grade of “C+” or above, may be eligible for second-semester admission (NU 101).
Students must provide evidence of:
- Valid NYS LPN license at the time of application or proof of completion of Nursing Fundamentals with a final grade of “C+” or above. Fundamentals must be completed prior to October 1st application deadline and within (2) years of application.
- High school diploma/ GED
- Successful completion of College Level Chemistry and either Biology or Anatomy & Physiology I with a grade of “C” or better within the last (5) five years.
This option is only available to currently enrolled students in the Marion S. Whelan School of Practical Nursing program. There are two pathways for enrollment in the 1+1 program.
- Option One
- Successful completion with a grade of “C+” on the challenge exam
- Option Two
- Completion of the MSWSPN Program with an 85% or greater overall in NSGI, NSGII, and NSGIII (Second semester students are not eligible for this entry option)
- A satisfactory grade in all clinical components of the MSWSPN program
Any current MSWSPN student interested in the 1+1 Options must
- File an application via Empower for FLHCON
- Meet all application requirements by the application deadline published annually on the website
- Admission into the 1+1 is based on the following
- Successful completion of the MSWSPN program
- Successful completion of the 1+1 Challenge exam with a grade of “C+” (77%) or higher or successful completion of MSWSPN nursing course with a grade of 85% or higher
- Availability of NS III slots in the FLHCON Registered Nurse program
All documentation and transcripts need to sent to:
FLHCON College Admissions Department
196 North Street
Geneva, NY 14456