For Complete Admission Details go to the Nursing Admission Tab: Nursing Admissions
Brochure about the Programs here at Finger Lakes Health: FLHCON MSWSPN Information Guides 2021
Registered Nurse Program – RN
- Finger Lakes Health College of Nursing & Health Sciences is a 2-year four-semester program
- Graduates earn an Associates Degree in Applied Science with a major in Nursing
- The program was established in 2008 with more than 500 students having graduated
- Students start clinical rotations during their first semester
- Our program offers a flexible schedule with evening and Saturday Course/Clinical options
- Finger Lakes Health College of Nursing & Health Sciences (FLHCON)is registered by the New York State Education Department and is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) as well as the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
FHCON offers a flexible program that is beneficial to the learner seeking a career as a professional Registered Nurse. Full and part time students have selective weekend and evening course/clinical offerings. This academic program graduates earn an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science with a major in nursing.
Students in the program attend classes and start participating in clinical rotations in the first semester. This allows for immediate application of knowledge and skills obtained in the classroom and laboratory by caring for actual patients.
Core Performance Standards for Admission and Progression
Nursing is a practice discipline with cognitive, sensory, affective, and psychomotor performance requirements. For admission and progression, the following Core Performance Standards must be performed independently.
If you are unable to meet one or more of these standards without accommodations or modifications, you may request reasonable assistance from Disability Services. Through an interactive process, Disability Services will make a case by case determination. Recent documentation (within 3 years) is required.
Click on this link to review the Core Performance Standard document: Nursing Admission Core Performance Standards.pdf